Meal Prep Sundays: Savory Breakfast Protein Buffins
We know you'll want to try these deliciously healthy breakfast options because of their seriously awesome name (who doesn't love the concept of buffins?) but they're also simple to make and even easier to store in your meal management bag.
Makes 12 buffins (6 servings).
2 cups oat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
8-9 slices turkey bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup spinach, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage, diced
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Set a skillet over medium high heat and spray the pan with cooking spray to prevent burning the turkey bacon.
2. Cook turkey bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and chop. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients until combined.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir or use your hands to combine.
5. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and evenly divide the batter throughout the tin with an ice cream scoop.
6. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Macros Per Serving (2 Buffins):
Meal Prep Tip:
You can use just about any combo of your favorite savory breakfast items in these buff muffins. Try using chicken apple sausage or pork bacon to add a different flavor. Instead of using sage, try rosemary and substitute arugula for spinach. Get creative!
Browse all our recipes for even more healthy and delicious meal prep ideas to stock your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags.