Meal Prep Sundays: Shrimp Scampi
When it comes to meal prep recipes, you probably think you've tried them all. But you really haven't until you've tried this week's recipe for a healthier Shrimp Scampi!
Makes 6 servings.
2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
9 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
2 small red serrano chili pepper, minced
4 tbsp olive oil 6 large zucchini
1 1/2 tbsp salt 2 tsp black pepper or to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
1. Wash the zucchini and slice them into pasta with a mandolin or spiral slicer. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the garlic, chili, parsley, lemon zest, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of olive oil. In a separate bowl, pour half of the mixture over the shrimp and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp along with the mixture and lemon juice to the skillet. Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes or until pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If using white wine, add to the pan to deglaze.
4. In the same skillet add the remaining olive oil, garlic mixture and zucchini pasta. Toss to combine. Cook for a couple minutes, then add in the shrimp.
5. Serve and prep in your sure seal containers.
Macros Per Serving (~520g):
Meal Prep Tip:
Traditional shrimp scampi uses butter and wine, but this scampi has a healthier twist. You can give it a thai twist by substituting coconut oil and adding crushed peanuts as a garnish. Go crazy this Valentine's Day!
If you like shrimp recipes, you must check out our recipes for Stewy Shrimp With Tomatoes & White Beans! For other unique meal prep ideas, try Cuban Black Bean Stew, Edamame Asparagus Pea & Cucumber Salad, and Cucumber Crab Rolls!