Meal Prep Sundays: Turkey Veggie Burgers
Who doesn't love a good healthy burger? Put a nutritional spin on this classic American menu item with our recipe for Turkey Veggie Burgers!
Makes 12 burgers.
3 lbs ground turkey breast
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 bell pepper (any color), quartered
1 zucchini, quartered
5 cloves garlic
4 brown mushrooms
1 red onion, quartered
1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
1 can black beans, rinsed or 15oz black beans, soaked
2 heads butter lettuce
4 large tomatoes, sliced
3 yellow onions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Using a food processor, combine bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, mushrooms, red onion and pulse until fine. Transfer to fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth or towel and remove excess liquid from veggie mash. Transfer to a large mixing bowl
3. Add spices, black beans, cilantro and turkey to mixing bowl and mix everything until combined. Shape into 12 equal-sized patties and place on baking sheets lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until meat registers 150F. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Griddle onion slices over medium-high heat until well-browned.
6. Make your burgers using butter lettuce as buns and pile with tomato and an onion slice. Enjoy!
Macros Per Serving (1 Burger):
Meal Prep Tip:
These burgers are loaded with flavor and reheat well. Grab a patty as a post-workout snack or pile it up on lettuce for a quick and easy meal. Since half of the patty is vegetables, the fiber in these burgers is awesome!
For more nutritious burger ideas, dig into our recipes for Grilled Bison Burgers and Chicken Burgers with Feta, Roasted Red Peppers & Arugula.
Explore all our Meal Prep Sundays recipes for even more healthy meal prep ideas to keep easily on hand in your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags.