A summer body is more than just looking fit into a bikini with your dream body. It's a state of mind and a fitness goal that is completely achievable. If you started the year promising yourself that 2018 is the year you get a summer body, it's not too late. Summer's almost gone but it doesn't mean that you can't make up for lost time and catch your summer body now.
10 Ways to Still Catch Your Summer BodyGetting the best dream body involves a bit of strategic planning. For starters, you have to make sure to avoid any unhealthy, fast weight loss methods. Losing weight is great but doing it in an unhealthy manner can be more damaging to you than you would think. Time might be running out as fall is just around the bend but there is no need to overwork yourself in the quest for your dream body. The following are a few healthy ways that you can still catch your summer body.
1. Low Carb DietOne of the best ways to get a summer body quickly is by focusing on a healthy diet plan. In this case, it is a good idea to switch to a low carb diet. Foods that are high in refined carbohydrates and starch cause a spike in your blood sugar levels. The high glucose levels in your body also mess with your circulatory system, your liver and kidneys. With a low carb diet, you can focus on follow the glycemic system and pick foods from the glycemic index. These are foods which are low in carbs, high in fiber and are broken down slowly by the body. This ensures that the blood sugar levels in your body will be steadier and you will feel satiated for longer after a meal or a snack. Low carb diets include healthy foods such as broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, cauliflower and more. The lower carbs and high nutrients, vitamins and minerals in these foods contribute to fast weight loss in a healthy way. The good news is that is not uncommon for one to lose 10 pounds or more in the first week of adopting a healthier diet plan.
2. No SugarBloating, persistent weight gain and difficulty in fast weight loss is often because of the processed sugar that you consume in your diet. From cookies and cakes to even pasta sauces, sugar is an ingredient in almost every dish. Remember to keep an eye on the list of ingredients of each item you are getting. Certain foods such as granola mixes and granola bars are touted as low carb but contain loads of sugar in them. Cutting out sugar from your diet, in conjunction with lower carbs will allow your body to get rid of excess fat faster. It will also lower the insulin levels in your body. This is healthier for weight loss and improves your glycemic system. Cutting out sugar also helps you get better skin which can do wonders for your confidence when you want to rock your dream body anywhere. If you are finding it extremely difficult to cut out sugar in your diet, you can try to substitute it with healthier options. Raw agave nectar, brown sugar or raw honey is more beneficial and less likely to cause acne or pimples. If you are still craving something sweet, try making fruit smoothies or eat fruits like figs, plums or peaches that are sweet and do not add extra calories.
3. Eat More ProteinsWith low carbs and no sugar in your diet plan, you might think your summer body is right around the corner but you can still do more to boost your progress. Being healthy is better than just looking good so make sure you get a good dose of proteins with each meal. A perfect meal should have a helping of proteins, healthy fats and low carbs. Good sources of protein include the following:
- Lean Meats– Skinless chicken, pork, lamb, beef and more
- Seafood – Fatty and oily fishes such as salmon, tuna, trout, shrimp and more
- Eggs, Milk and Cheese– Whole eggs with the yolk, non-fat milk and cheese are rich in proteins and amino acids.
- Soy, Legumes, Beans – These are high in protein and fibers and are low in fats. They are also very filling and help with keeping one satiated for longer.
4. Do Not Cut Out FatsWhen making your diet plan, do not cut out fats from your diet. With so many diseases linked to it, many people tend to demonize fat and avoid it completely. However, your body needs healthy fats to continue functioning. Differentiating between good fats and bad fats will play a bigger role in giving you your dream body. The following are great sources of healthy fats which also contain amino acids and other essential nutrients:
- Avocados– These are rich in healthy fatty acids include Omega 3 and Omega 6
- Dark Chocolate– High content of cacao is healthier for your body and great for your heart
- Cheese– Cheese has a high amount of minerals, vitamins and nutrients that keep your body healthy
- Olive Oil– It has amino acids, fatty acids and doesn't make your meals feel heavy