French fries are classic American feel-good food, but they're not exactly the most nutritious option. Luckily, it's as simple as swapping out the standard potatoes for sweet ones, with baking instead of frying as your cooking method, and voilÃƒ : a healthier variety is at your dietary service!
Makes 2 servings.
2 med-large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp Chipotle Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Place chopped sweet potatoes into a large bowl and top with olive oil, maple syrup, and Chipotle Hot Sauce. Stir to coat.
3. In a small bowl combine spices. Top sweet potatoes with spices and stir until well coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place wedges on top. Bake in the oven 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and flip each wedge. Bake for 10 more minutes. Plate and serve with additional Chipotle hot sauce for dipping.
Macros Per Serving:
Calories – 219
Carb – 38g
Fat – 7g
Protein – 2g
Sodium – 323mg
Sugar – 19g
We're keeping the hot sauce recipes coming! If you want more, check out some of our latest: Chipotle Chicken & Corn Pizza
, Fiery JalapeÃƒ±o Taco Salad
, Chipotle Chicken Mole
, Habanero Yogurt Chicken Curry
, and Mango Serrano Shrimp Kabobs. Find all the culinary inspiration you need with our collection of Meal Prep Sundays recipes
– and don't forget to Yum all your favorites for easy access in one handy location!