Being from Ecuadorian roots, I grew up on a lot of ceviche dishes. There many different varieties which makes it perfect to customize it to your preference. Feel free to add in any of the optional ingredients to find your perfect mix!
Avocado Stuffed Ceviche
16oz. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Ã‚¼ C finely diced onion (red or white depending on preference)
Ã‚¼ C chopped cilantro
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
Ã‚½ t ground black pepper
red or green sweet peppers
1) Cut each shrimp into 3 to four pieces. Put shrimp pieces into large container.
2) Squeeze lemons and limes for juice. Should yield approximately 3 cups juice combined. (You can also use orange juice as a substitute!)
3) Pour juice over shrimp and make sure shrimp are submerged.
4) Leave shrimp overnight in fridge (approx. 8 hours). The acidity of the juice will cook the shrimp. If you prefer to cook the shrimp you can buy pre-cooked shrimp and continue at Step 5.
5) Drain excess juice from shrimp mix.
6) Chop up all vegetables.
7) Add onion, cilantro, romaine lettuce, garlic, and any other optional items into shrimp mixture. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
8) Cut avocados in half & remove pits. Use a large spoon to scoop avocados out of their skin. Spoon Ã‚½ cup ceviche into the center of each avocado half.
Serve into containers and you are set!
Nutrition Info: Per Serving: Approx.
12 g Protein
6 g Carb
12.5 g Fat
I personally used for my lunch & dinner for 3 days over romaine lettuce, black beans, and rice.