Get ahead for the week with Meal Prep Sundays! When you don't have to worry about preparing your food every day, you can keep your eyes square on the fitness prize. We know how important your fitness goals are, so stay on track with our meal prep recipes, and check out this week's below!
1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese
1/4 cup roasted red peppers (from jar)
Medium sliced tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt & pepper to taste
100% whole wheat sandwich thins
1. Heat grill or saute pan to medium-high
2. In a bowl, mix 1 lb. ground chicken with feta, roasted red peppers, chopped basil, and salt & pepper.
3. Form 4 small burgers (approximately 4 oz. each)
4. Cook patties thoroughly (about 10 minutes on grill)
5. Place on sandwich thins and top with sliced tomato, feta, roasted red peppers, and arugula
Protein: 25.6 g
Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
Fat: 4.8 g
Meal Prep Tip:
Prep a bread-free version of this recipe too! Place chicken burger on a bed of peppery arugula and top with a feta, roasted red pepper, and basil mixture.
Recipe source: Jillian Beck @jillianfitfoodie