Get ahead for the week with Meal Prep Sundays! Prepare for the week on Sunday, and you won't have to waste any precious time you could be spending at the gym training. We know your fitness goals come first, so our meal prep recipes are intended to help you stay on track. Get this week's recipe below!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 in. pieces
3/4 tsp salt
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp paprika, preferably smoked
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
1 cup white wine
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped (about 8 cups lightly packed)
1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch Oven (or large deep soup pot) over medium-high heat. Add pork, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring a few times, until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate, leaving juices in the pot.
2. Add onion to the pot, stirring often, until just beginning to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, and crushed red pepper (optional), stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add wine and tomatoes, increase heat to high, and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of pot. Add broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add kale and stir just until wilted. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, stirring occasionally, until kale is just tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Stir in beans, the reserved pork and any accumulated juices. Simmer until the beans and pork are heated through, about 2 minutes.
Meal Prep Tip:
Like most broth-based soups, this one is king when it comes to meal prep. Make a huge pot on Sunday and keep warm and toasty the rest of the week!
Recipe source: eatingwell.com