If these green chili chicken enchiladas look as good to you as they did to us, you're in luck, because we've got the recipe right here! Whip up this deliciously healthy meal on Sunday, load up that meal management system, and keep rocking all week long knowing your nutrition is right on target.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
4 chicken breasts
4 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
3 cans (10 oz. each) green enchilada sauce
8 corn tortillas
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups lettuce, shredded
Ã‚½ cup salsa
Ã‚½ cup light sour cream
1 tomato, diced
1 can (2 oz.) black olives, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 9x13 baking dish with oil or coconut oil.
2. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
3. Shred cooked chicken.
4. Lightly coat a large skillet with olive or coconut oil and place over medium-high heat. Saute green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno for 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and one can of green enchilada sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
5. Pour the 2 remaining cans of green enchilada sauce in a bowl and microwave until warm, about 2 minutes. Dip each tortilla in the heated sauce and fill with Ã¢...€º of the chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
6. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve each enchilada on a bed of lettuce, top with salsa, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream.
Macros per serving:
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 22 g
Carbs: 44 g
Meal Prep Tip:
Skip the tortillas and cut the carbs by baking the chicken mixture in 4-8 small ramekins for 5-8 minutes. Top with all the good stuff and enjoy your low-carb enchiladas!
Recipe inspired by Bill Phillips for bodybuilding.com