1. Perform with correct technique.Unless you've been taught how to train by an experienced coach, your training technique is probably lacking and it's the reason you're not making progress. Bad technique can mean a lot of different things:
- You could be unknowingly lifting and lowering weights without any awareness of the speed of the muscle contracting.
- Your posture can affect the muscle that you're intending to train and have negative effects on muscles you are not intending to train.
- You are failing to utilize a full range of motion, which is key to targeting the correct muscles.
- You could be lifting too light to produce any change in your body.