Ambassador Exclusive: Chimichanga
This week's chimichanga recipe comes from 6 Pack ambassador Michael Wittig, an International Sports Sciences Association personal trainer who rocks an Innovator 300. Follow him @wittigworks for training inspiration and ideas!
1 can of fat-free refried beans
4 100% whole wheat tortillas
.5 lbs of your pre-prepared protein of choice
Regular or low-fat cheddar cheese
Seasonings of your choice
Greek yogurt or salsa (optional)
Pre-prepare a lean protein (chicken, steak, ground turkey). I personally like to use lean ground turkey for these chimichangas. 0.5lb to make 4 chimichangas.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a large flat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. Heat a can of fat-free refried beans on the stove top in a small pot. Low heat.
4. Lay 4 medium to large 100% whole wheat tortillas on the pre-sprayed pan.
5. Spread the heated beans on each tortilla. They spread easier when warm/hot.
6. Sprinkle the ground turkey evenly on each tortilla. Add regular or low-fat cheddar cheese if you wish.
6. I also season with Flavor God healthy low-sodium seasonings. My favorites for this recipe are Taco Tuesday or Dynamite (if you want spicy).
7. Roll the tortillas up tight. Clean up any extra that falls out off the pan.
8. Lightly spray the tops of the changas before placing in the oven.
9. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges are browned.
10. Consider topping with non-fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Or use your favorite salsa.
Do what you can today to assist your tomorrow. Every night I pack up tomorrow's meals and have them ready in the fridge. I also sit out everything I can to help make my mornings easier. Then every morning I load up my @6packbags with my meals and shakes. This extra prep work keeps my nutrition on point every day and saves me tons of money. -Wittig, ISSA CPT Kaged Muscle Athlete Tank/hoodie by @RyderWear. Get 10% off RyderWear.com w/code "WW10". Wittig fueled by @kagedmusclesupps. 15% off KagedMuscle.com w/code "Wittig15". Use my code and email receipt to [email protected] for my free ebook program.
Need culinary inspiration? Find it in our 6 Pack exclusive recipes and Meal Prep Sundays recipes â€“ but if you just don't feel like cooking, we have something for you too: our new line of prepared meals, available to be shipped straight to your door!