6 Pack Exclusive Recipe: Habanero Yogurt Chicken Curry
The hot sauce recipes continue with this week's 6 Pack-exclusive recipe for Habanero Yogurt Chicken Curry! Find out more about our hot sauces, including the nutritional facts and ingredients, then get to cookin' with our latest concoction for a deliciously spicy chicken curry.
Makes 5 servings.
5 tsp Habanero Hot Sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1 cup plum tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
1 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1. To caramelize the onion, immediately add the red onion and bay leaves to pot. Cook and stir often, until the onion darkens (12-15 minutes).
2. While the onion is cooking, place plum tomatoes into measuring cup and set aside. For the habanero base, puree the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, and habanero hot sauce in a food processor.
3. Add the habanero base to the onion mixture and cook, stirring until thick and paste-like for about 10 minutes. When the mixture starts sticking to the bottom of the pot, add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4. To simmer the curry, add 1 1/2 cups of liquid and pour into the pot. Season with salt to your liking and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer.
5. Uncover and stir occasionally until the sauce is slightly thickened, 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Adjust the seasoning: gently stir the Greek yogurt into the curry. Taste for seasoning and add salt, if necessary. Serve over rice. Top with cilantro.