Meal Prep Sundays: Cowboy Scramble
It's never too late or early for a protein-packed breakfast! PLAN for your week, PREP this flavorful scramble, and then CARRY your cowboy meals in a 6 Pack! Cheers to a great Sunday
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups sweet potatoes, 3/8-inch diced
1/2 cup cheese of your choice, grated
1/2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice the onion and pepper.
2. Peel the potatoes and dice them.
3. SautÃ©, in the butter over medium heat, onion, potatoes, and pepper until the potatoes are almost tender.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, mix the eggs, cheddar, basil, cilantro, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
5. Once the potatoes are nearly cooked, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Turn the heat down and continue cooking, while stirring often, until the eggs are done.
6. Immediately after cooking, sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the scramble and let it melt.
Macros per Serving
Total Fat 22g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Saturated Fat 11g