Meal Prep Sunday: Pumpkin Protein Cookies
Pumpkin season is in full swing, and we know you want some of that delicious holiday flavor in your meal management bag. You can even treat your sweet tooth - without neglecting your protein needs, of course - with this week's recipe for pumpkin protein cookies.
Makes about 70 cookies.
2.25 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
1.25 tsp baking powder
1.25 tsp baking soda
1.25 tsp kosher salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2.5 tsp ground ginger
1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 cups date sugar
1.5 cups canned pumpkin
.75 cup evaporated milk
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 scoop vanilla protein powder
parchment-lined baking sheets
1. preheat oven to 350F degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and protein powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Put softened butter and date sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, and vanilla; mix until well blended. Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
3. Transfer batter to pastry bag or plastic bag. Snip off the corner of the plastic bag. Pipe 1.5 inch rounds onto parchment-lined baking sheets, one inch apart.
4. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through , until tops spring back, about 17 minutes. Let cool.
5. Optional Icing: Combine one scoop of vanilla protein powder with 2 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp condensed milk and 3 tbsp water. Mix until smooth. If too stiff, add more liquid. If too runny, add more powder.
Macros Per Serving (2 Cookies):
Meal Prep Tip:
These less sweet, pillowy spice cookies are great for a party or for friends because the recipe makes so many. While the recipe is not necessarily healthy, it does make healthier substitutions and uses more natural ingredients like date sugar.
For more ways to sweeten up your protein - but not too much - check out our recipes for Peanut Butter Cookies, Almond-Dusted Protein Balls, and Golden Protein Pancakes. Keep your meal management bag on point with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!