Meal Prep Sundays: Turkey Veggie Meatloaf
What warms the heart (and stomach) better than some classic meatloaf? Make yourself this healthy turkey and veggie variety for some down-home meal prep that'll last you all week long in your meal management bag of choice.
Makes 6 Servings (12 slices)
1 yellow onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic
1 large carrot, quartered
1 stalk celery, quartered
2Â½ cup baby spinach
2 lbs ground lean turkey
1Â¼ cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked in Â¼ cup water for 15 min
3 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
Â½ teaspoon black pepper
Â¼ cup low-sugar ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine onion, garlic, carrot and celery in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add spinach and pulse a few times more. Transfer to skillet.
3. Set the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until vegetables release their liquid.
4. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates and vegetables begin to brown, about 8 minutes; add water 1 tablespoon at a time if needed to prevent vegetables from sticking. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
5. Add chia seeds, ground meat, quinoa, soy sauce and pepper to the bowl and mix gently with your hands.
6. Scrape mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a loaf about 4 inches wide and 10 inches long. Spread top of loaf with ketchup. Bake until cooked through and browned, about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160Â°F.
Macros Per Serving (2 slices):
Meal Prep Tip:
These nutrition-dense meatloaf slices work well for any time of day. Serve a cooked egg over â€˜em, pair them with steamed broccoli or mashed cauliflower for even more delicious clean eating! They freeze and reheat well, too!
Like turkey? Get even more culinary ideas with our recipes for Spicy Turkey Stir-Fry and Thai Turkey Skillet! Load up on even more healthy and delicious ways to stock your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!