Meal Prep Sundays: Edamame Asparagus Pea & Cucumber Salad
Keep it cool yet tasty with this deliciously healthy salad featuring some of our favorite green treats: edamame, asparagus, peas, and cucumbers! Load up your meal management system with this salad for a fresh food break all week long.
Makes 5 servings.
2 cups shelled edamame
3 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
3 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 cucumber cut into chunks
â…“ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp honey
Â½ tsp salt
Â¼ tsp white pepper
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus for the last minute. You may need to adjust the time for the asparagus depending on thickness. Drain.
2. After draining peas and asparagus, immediately plunge into ice water to stop veggies from overcooking. Drain.
3. Peel and chop cucumber. Combine all veggies in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a different bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine and slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify the dressing.
5. Add dressing and toss gently but thoroughly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Macros Per Serving:
Meal Prep Tip:
While this fresh summer salad is essentially a side, you can dress it up with chicken or shrimp for a fiber-rich, protein-packed lunch!
Recipe and image courtesy of Christine Leiser and ColorMePink.com.
. For even more healthy and delicious ways to fill your meal management system, check out all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!