Meal Prep Sundays: Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad
How good does this grilled steak and mushroom salad look? The good news is, it can be all yours! Just follow the recipe below (and check out the tips at the bottom for a vegetarian-friendly version), load up your meal management system, and get ready for the week ahead!
2 cups arugula
4 oz flank steak
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/2 cup crimini or shitake mushrooms
1/2 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne
1 tsp brown sugar/Splenda blend
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
Balsamic Vinegar to drizzle over salad
1. In a large Ziploc bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Shake thoroughly to mix well.
2. Add flank steak to bag and make sure to thoroughly cover steaks. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Place sliced onions and mushrooms in tin foil and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Light grill.
4. Grill steak to desired temperature. Place veggies on grill for about 5-10 minutes, or until caramelized.
5. Top arugula or spinach with veggies, sliced steak, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Macros per serving:
34 g protein
15 g carbs
23 g fat
Meal Prep Tip:
For an easy vegetarian option, use the same marinade on portobello mushrooms, and replace the criminis/shitakes with red and orange bell peppers for color variety. Make sure to thickly slice your (3 or 4) portobellos before marinating and grilling. These big 'shrooms are meaty in flavor and crammed with B vitamins: all-star nutrients for supporting your metabolism!
Recipe inspired by bodybuilding.com.