Meal Prep Sundays: Indoor Grilled Chicken
We just can't get enough of awesome chicken recipes this month. This weekend, get your fill for your meal management bag with our tasty recipe for indoor grilled chicken.
Makes about 14 servings.
7 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (About 14 breasts)
4 tbsp kosher salt
1.5 tbsp table salt
1.5 tbsp black pepper
1.5 tbsp granulated garlic
1 grill pan or grill plate
2 foil-lined, rimmed baking sheets
high heat oil or spray
1. In a large container, combine 1.5 tbsp table salt with 6 cups of water. Add chicken and let brine for 30 min.
2. Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Combine salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Preheat grill pan or grill plate over high heat. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season both sides.
4. When grill pan/grill plate is very hot, spray or brush oil on top-side of chicken and place on grill pan/plate. Cook for 6 minutes, undisturbed on one side. You will have to cook chicken in batches.
5. After each batch has cooked for 6 minutes on one side, transfer chicken to a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
6. When all of the chicken has been cooked for 6 minutes and then placed on the baking sheets, put sheets into the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove chicken and let sit for 5 minutes before serving or let cool before putting in containers for prep.
Macros Per Serving (1 Breast):
Meal Prep Tip:
The first step to this recipe is brining the chicken which is important for flavoring the chicken as well as keeping it moist. You don't need to do this first step, but it does make a big difference.
For more tasty chicken recipes, check out our recipes for Chipotle Chicken, Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Peanut Butter Chicken, and Paleo Almond Chicken Pieces. Keep your meal management system on point with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!