Meal Prep Sundays: Paleo Almond Chicken Pieces
Chicken nuggets aren't exactly known for their healthiness, but these paleo pieces put a decidedly nutritional spin on this lunch room staple food. Load up your meal management system, whether gym tote, gym backpack, or sports duffle bag, with these tasty treats to keep you satiated all week long.
Makes about 20 pieces.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup whole, roasted almonds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Put whole, roasted almonds into a food processor and pulse until you have pebble-sized pieces. In a separate bowl, combine with almond meal and add salt & spices.
3. Slice chicken breasts into pieces no bigger than 2".
4. Coat each piece of chicken in egg and dredge in almond spice mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and repeat.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Macros per piece:
Meal Prep Tip:
These fun and easy to make chicken pieces can be customized to use other nuts as well as other spices. Use cumin and cayenne for a southwestern flare. Or try adding Italian seasoning for a flavor that is a bit more mediterranean. It's up to you!
If you like chicken recipes, check out some more of ours for lemon chicken with broccoli, grilled chicken skewers, and peanut butter chickenf! For even more deliciously healthy recipes for your meal management system with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!