Meal Prep Sundays: Southwest Frittata
Keep the cold days nice and toasty with flavorful yet healthy cuisine like this recipe for Southwest Frittatas! Double up the ingredients so your meal prep this week is breakfast for lunch or dinner, easy to store in your meal management bag no matter where you are.
Makes 4 servings.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 medium breakfast sausage links, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 small red potatoes, chopped
Â½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 avocado, cubed
5 eggs, whisked together
salt & pepper to taste
6' non-stick pan
1. Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit. SauteÃ© sausage links in 1 tsp olive oil. Remove from pan when crisp and browned. Reserve oil.
2. SauteÃ© red potatoes in remaining oil until tender. Turn off burner and remove from heat.
3. Layer sausage and bell pepper over potatoes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
4. Evenly pour the egg mixture over the ingredients. Drop in avocado and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Place the whole pan into the oven and bake for 12-17 minutes. Cheese should be browned and eggs should be a bit puffed up (not at all liquid in the center.)
6. Carefully remove pan from oven and cover handle with a towel or potholder so no one accidentally grabs it! Let sit for a couple minutes.
7. Turn the frittata out onto a cutting board and serve.
Macros Per Serving (Â¼ of the frittata):
Meal Prep Tip:
Frittatas are one of the easiest breakfasts to make, but they are great anytime and reheat well as long as you don't overdo it. Microwaving on low power or using a HotLogic Mini to reheat will greatly reduce the chances of receiving rubbery frittata.
ways to stock your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!