Meal Prep Sundays: Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos
Who doesn't love tacos? Make yourself a healthy version with this week's recipe! Simple to make and easy to store in your meal management bag, give your meal prep a Mexican kick this week with Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos.
Makes 8 servings.
2 lbs ground turkey
1 tsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1-4oz can green chiles, diced
2 jalapeÃ±os, diced
2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground chipotle powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
2 limes, juiced
2 avocados, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 heads romaine lettuce
1. Combine avocado, tomatoes, juice of 1 lime, and Â¼ the cilantro in a bowl. Mix together until combined and chill in the refrigerator.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic, jalapenos and green chiles. Sautee about 1 minute. Add cumin and chipotle and cook an additional minute.
3. Add turkey and salt to the pan. Increase heat to medium high. Break ground turkey apart while it browns for about 5 minutes. Add green onions and black beans and cook for a couple more minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in juice of 1 lime and the rest of the cilantro.
5. Spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves and top with avocado/tomato mixture and serve!
6. Optional: If you feel like taking it to the next level, whisk some lime juice into Greek yogurt to create a healthy sour cream to top your tacos.
Macros per serving (2-3 tacos):
Meal Prep Tip:
When making these for meal prep, make sure to pack the lettuce separate from the filling so the lettuce doesn't get soggy. If the taco technique isn't really working for you or you prefer to eat with a fork, just shred the lettuce and top with the filling.
Browse all our recipes for even more healthy and delicious meal prep ideas to stock your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags.